Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 12 minutes/batch
Cool: 1 minute/batch
* 3 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 cups butter, softened
* 1 cup chunky peanut butter
* 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 3 eggs
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 3 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
1. In a large bowl stir together flour, oats, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside
2. In a very large bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Makes 10 to 11 dozen cookies.
Make-Ahead Tips: To store dough, place in an airtight container; cover and chill up to 1 week. Or, place in a freezer container; freeze up to 6 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator.
Triple-Flavored Big-Batch Cookies