12 servings Bake: 1 hour
Prep: 20 minutes
* 1 29-ounce can pumpkin
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 3 eggs
* 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
* 1 package 2-layer-size yellow cake mix
* 1 cup chopped nuts
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Add eggs. Beat lightly until mixture is just combined.
2. Gradually stir in evaporated milk; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 12 servings.