60 cookies Bake: 8 minutes per batch
Prep: 25 minutes
* 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
* 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add the sugars and beat till combined.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat till combined. Using the mixer, beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can. Stir in any remaining flour mixture by hand. Stir in the oats, coconut and sunflower seeds.
4. Drop the dough by slightly rounded tablespoons about 3 inches apart on several lightly greased cookie sheets lined with foil.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 9 minutes or till lightly browned. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Makes 60 cookies.
Kansas Sunflower Cookies
I've made these many times and they always get compliments. Sunflower seeds are an unexpected surpri...... more
I've made these many times and they always get compliments. Sunflower seeds are an unexpected surprise.