Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 2 min. each batch
* 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
* 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 4 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 Tbsp. water
* 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
* 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
1. Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add flour; stir just until combined.
2. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of batter into center of each waffle grid. Cook on medium-high heat about 2 minutes, adjusting heat as necessary. Using a fork transfer cookies to rack; cool. Repeat with remaining batter. When cool, mound cookies on a platter. Makes about 48 cookies.
3. For glaze: In a small saucepan heat 1/4 cup butter and water over low heat until melted. Add the 3 tablespoons cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in additional hot water, if needed, to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies along with caramel topping. Sprinkle with pecans, if you like.