* 2 cups sifted cake flour
* 1-3/4 cups sugar
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1-1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
* 1 8 1/4 ounce can crushed pineapple (syrup pack)
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
* Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Grease and flour two 8x112-inch or 9x112-inch round baking pans. Set the pans aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice. Add carrot, undrained pineapple, mayonnaise and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. By hand, stir in walnuts.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Loosen sides. Remove cakes from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
4. To assemble, place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread layer with about 12 cup of the Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with second layer. Spread top and sides with the remaining frosting. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Makes 14 servings.
Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, beat one 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened; 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened; and 2 teaspoons vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed till light and fluffy. Gradually beat in enough sifted powdered sugar (about 4 cups) to make a frosting of spreading consistency. Makes 3-1/2 cups.